“Organic” Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away
Lessons Learned: How to turn a meal made up of all healthy food into a disaster inside your stomach.
It’s easy to do — just pick the wrong combination of healthy foods and eat them together.
You can combine organic greens, vegetables, nuts, beans, chicken, wild fish, beef, eggs, and cheese, make yourself a wonderful healthy meal, and then add fruit to destroy it all!
Fruit is super healthy for your body. It is in a class all by itself and should be eaten by itself, only on an empty stomach.
The reason — fruit does not digest in your stomach.
It just uses your stomach as a holding pen on its way to your small intestine, where it does digest.
This usually takes between 20 or 30 minutes.
All other food, when entering the stomach, will trigger the digestive juices and cause the pathway to your small intestine to close in order to prevent this undigested food from passing through.
If there is fruit in your stomach, it becomes trapped.
The fruit mixes with the other food begins to turn rancid.
It then interferes with the digestive process extending the time it will take to digest that food, and usually causes rotting of the other foods as well.
The result is loss of loss of vital nutrients, bloating, gas and all too often, acid reflux.
Best to eat your fruit at least 30 minutes before a meal.
If you follow this rule, it will play a major role in detoxifying your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other important life activities.
Another rule to follow with fruit: Do not eat melon with other fruit.
Melon needs to be eaten by itself for it to properly digest to reap the full benefit of all the nutrients.
Melon with a scoop of ice cream in the middle is a favorite in many restaurants…bad idea. Eat it plain.
Fruit will help alkalize your body. That is your body’s ideal condition.
Some are concerned that fruits like lemons and grapefruits, which are acidic, are not very good for your body. Not true.
All fruit turns alkaline in your body. That is highly beneficial.
If you like to drink juice, it too should be taken before a meal and not with a meal.
Your juice should not come from containers or cans. Juice should be freshly squeezed to preserve its enzymes and vitamins.
Pasteurized juices have lost all of their enzymes and most of their vitamins.
Better to eat the whole fruit which will give you fiber and additional nutrients.
If you are going to cook fruit, recognize that you will be destroying most of the nutrients and all the enzymes. The cooking explains why pasteurized juices are “valueless”.
Here is a short list of especially healthy fruit and why they are so good for you, but do not eat the apple or strawberry unless they are organic!
- KIWI: Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.
- APPLE: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke. Important! Apples should only be eaten organic!
- STRAWBERRY: Protective Fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals. But only eat strawberries organic! Like apples, non-organics are loaded with pesticides!
- ORANGE: Sweetest medicine. Taking 2-4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessens the risk of colon cancer.
- WATERMELON: Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which helps boost the immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene, the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found in watermelon are vitamin C & potassium.
- GUAVA & PAPAYA: Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, which is good for your eyes.
In this day and age, it is difficult enough to get the nutrients the body needs from the food that is available to us.
By combining and eating your food the best way your body naturally digest it, you will help your body to be healthier and younger.
Q1: What happens if I combine organic greens, vegetables, nuts, beans, chicken, fish, beef, eggs, and cheese with fruit in a meal?
A: Combining these healthy foods with fruit can lead to digestive issues. Fruit should be eaten separately to avoid interfering with the digestion of other foods.
Q2: Why should fruit be eaten separately from other foods?
A: Fruit doesn’t digest in the stomach but in the small intestine. Eating fruit alone prevents it from interfering with the digestion process of other foods, promoting better nutrient absorption.
Q3: Can I eat melon with other fruits?
A: No, melon should be eaten by itself to ensure proper digestion and maximize nutrient benefits. Combining melon with other fruits can lead to digestive problems.
Q: Is it true that fruits like lemons and grapefruits, which are acidic, become alkaline in the body?
A: Yes, all fruits turn alkaline in the body, including acidic ones like lemons and grapefruits. This alkalizing effect is beneficial for the body’s overall health.
Q5: Should I drink fruit juice with my meals?
A: It’s recommended to drink fruit juice before a meal rather than with it. Freshly squeezed juice is preferable to pasteurized juices from containers or cans as it preserves enzymes and vitamins.